Deutsche Konsum REIT acquires five retail properties for EUR 29 million

Created by Deutsche Konsum REIT-AG |

DGAP-News: Deutsche Konsum REIT-AG / Key word(s): Acquisition/Real Estate12.12.2018 / 10:48 The issuer

Deutsche Konsum REIT acquires five retail properties for EUR 29 million

DGAP-News: Deutsche Konsum REIT-AG / Key word(s): Acquisition/Real Estate

12.12.2018 / 10:48
The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.


Press Release

Deutsche Konsum REIT acquires five retail properties for EUR 29 million

Broderstorf, 12 December 2018 - Deutsche Konsum REIT-AG (ISIN DE000A14KRD3) acquired with notarised certificates five additional retail properties in individual transactions in November and December.

Biggest acquisition is the shopping centre "Coens-Galerie" in Grevenbroich (NRW) which covers around 12,000 sqm of rental space, and houses, among others, the anchor tenants Netto (EDEKA), DM-Drogeriemarkt as well as C&A Mode, Medimax and CCC Schuhe. The total property currently has a WALT of 4.5 years with an annual rent of EUR 1.1 million. The property currently has a vacancy rate of 36%, which according to DKR estimates offers significant value creation potential.

Furthermore, a "toom" Baumarkt (REWE) in Ritterhude (Lower Saxony) with a leasable area of 7,000 sqm was acquired. The property has a remaining lease term of more than nine years and is fully let. The annual rent is around EUR 0.5 million.

In addition, the service centre ("DLZ") Greifswald (Mecklenburg-West Pomerania) was acquired. The DLZ has rental space totalling around 6,100 sqm, of which around 75% is used as hotel, office and medical practice space on the upper floors. The remaining 25% is accounted for by retail space on the ground floor of the building. The property is fully let and generates an annual rent of more than EUR 0.5 million.

The both further acquisitions comprise of a small retail centre in Lünen (Northrhine-Westphalia) with a rental space of 5,900 sqm which are let to the anchor tenants Trinkgut, Dänisches Bettenlager, Fressnapf, Kik and Reno and of a Metro Gastro wholesale market in Goslar (Lower Saxony) with 4,900 sqm. Both properties generate a total annual rent of EUR 0.6 million and have an average WALT of three and six years.

The investment volume of all five properties with a total rental space of 35,900 sqm amounts to EUR 28.8 million with a total annual rent of around EUR 2.7 million. The transfers of benefits and encumbrances are expected in February and March 2019.

Thus, DKR's real estate portfolio grew by 18 properties with an investment volume of around EUR 69 million within the first quarter of the new financial year 2018/2019. Overall, the total portfolio (pro forma) of Deutsche Konsum currently comprises of 108 properties with a total rental space of more than 635,000 sqm and a balance sheet value of around EUR 490 million generating an annualised rent of around EUR 42 million.

In addition, DKR is in concrete acquisition processes for further acquisitions.


About Deutsche Konsum
Deutsche Konsum REIT-AG based in Broderstorf is a listed real estate company focusing on retail properties in Germany for goods required for daily use in established micro-locations. The focus of the company's activities is on the management and development of real estate with the aim of achieving a steady increase in value and the realisation of hidden reserves. The steadily increasing current property portfolio of Deutsche Konsum comprises 108 retail properties with an annualised rent of EUR 42 million.

Due to its REIT status ('Real Estate Investment Trust'), the company is exempt from corporation and trade tax. The shares of the company are listed on the Prime Standard of the Deutsche Börse (ISIN: DE 000A14KRD3).


Contact:
Deutsche Konsum REIT-AG
Stefanie Frey
Investor Relations
E-Mail: sf@deutsche-konsum.de
Phone: +49 (0) 331 74 00 76 - 533




Contact:
Deutsche Konsum REIT-AG
Mrs. Stefanie Frey
Investor Relations
August-Bebel-Str. 68
14482 Potsdam
Tel: 0331 / 74 00 76 - 533
Fax: 0331 / 74 00 76 - 520
E-Mail: sf@deutsche-konsum.de


12.12.2018 Dissemination of a Corporate News, transmitted by DGAP - a service of EQS Group AG.
The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.

The DGAP Distribution Services include Regulatory Announcements, Financial/Corporate News and Press Releases.
Archive at www.dgap.de


Language: English
Company: Deutsche Konsum REIT-AG
August-Bebel-Str. 68
14482 Potsdam
Germany
Phone: +49 (0)331 740076517
Fax: +49 (0)331 740076520
E-mail: ch@deutsche-konsum.de
Internet: www.deutsche-konsum.de
ISIN: DE000A14KRD3
WKN: A14KRD
Listed: Regulated Market in Berlin, Frankfurt (Prime Standard); Regulated Unofficial Market in Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Munich, Stuttgart, Tradegate Exchange


 
End of News DGAP News Service

 

Back